Anyone watching The Orville?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone watching The Orville?

Despite being a parody, it's a pretty damn solid show and probably one of the best sci-fi shows in recent history. I still can't believe the creator of Family Guy (very meh, imho) is behind this.

I don't see it as a parody, tbh. They may be claiming that it's a parody in order to skirt copyright laws, but it seems too serious and not comedic enough to be a parody.

As for the show itself apart from that consideration? I was surprisingly impressed, and favorably so, mind you. I'm not a fan of most of his work; his sense of humor is very much "hit and miss" (and more often "miss") to me. Family Guy and American Dad are sometimes excruciatingly stupid or disgusting, more rarely funny, about 50% entertaining. The Cleveland Show is less annoying (probably because Cleveland himself is significantly more likeable than "mildly retahded" Peetah or Neocon Neanderthal Stan), and that's not saying much. All three are rather juvenile (and that's being generous; "puerile" is a more accurate description most of the time). But The Orville? I like it. So far, at least (and I haven't seen tonight's episode yet).

Comment

Working...
    X